We Are Hiring a Programming and Communications Assistant
Position: This position reports to the Arts Administrator (AA) and requires significant collaboration with both the AA and the Artistic Director as well as Program Coordinators. The scope of work will be set by the AA, but will not exceed the duties as outlined below. This is a part-time, contract position paying at $20 per hour for a total of $1,500. This is a work-from-home position. Candidates must have adequate computing and internet access to take the position. Interviews will be conducted using video conferencing.
Summary: Programming and Communications Assistant will work directly with our Word Camp Virtual Series Coordinator and our Artistic Director to assist in the communications, outreach, scheduling and workshops and events in the Fall. Training will be provided by our Arts Administrator. The Programming and Communications Assistant will also provide support and liaison between professional artist facilitators and youth artists for a mentorship program that will coincide with virtual workshops.
People with experience and or interest in gaining greater experience in the following areas are invited to apply:
- create participant application forms, and requirements for program participation;
- working directly with the Artistic Director and Program Coordinator to create timelines and tasks for the successful implementation of workshops and events;
- undertaking communications/email check-ins with participants + facilitators leading up to workshops;
- working as liaison between professional artist facilitators + emerging teaching artist + youth artist for a mentorship program;
- assisting with technical set-up of online workshops to ensure efficient operation of zoom and online platforms for facilitators and participants (zoom, Facebook live)
- help develop a users guide + ethics guide for zoom platform;
- adhere to proposed timelines for communications, emailing updates;
- proficiency with social media platforms (Hootsuite) to create workshop events + make updates, follow-up about Facebook events;
- Professional and respectful written and spoken communication
- Knowledge of current trends, resources and information related to online events
- Strong teamwork skills, creative problem solver
- Highly organized
Deadline for applications:
Contact hiringATvancouverpoetryhouse.com with your CV to apply. Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
Interviews will be conducted through Zoom.
The anticipated use breakdown of the position is:
- 25 hours of workshop support
- 50 hours of coordination and communication: emailing, phone calls, check-ins, Facebook event creation, updates, etc.