Date and time: Thursday, June 1, 2023, 7 – 9:30pm PDT
Location: Historic Joy Kogawa House, 1450 West 64th Avenue Vancouver
This workshop is a great opportunity for writers of all genres to improve their public reading and performance skills. Johnny will offer all participants a range of tools, exercises, and questions to consider how they can present authentically while maintaining audience engagement.
- Vocal technique: breath support, articulation, and embodiment
- Stage: basic mic technique and staging, stage presence
- Reading & Performance: how to adapt your delivery to match the genre you’re presenting
- All bodies and abilities are welcome, we will do our utmost to provide adaptations within our ability, please let us know in advance if possible. Email email@example.com.
- Come with a piece of writing up to 2 minutes worth in length, ideally your own, but for the sake of this workshop, anything is fine.
This workshop is presented in partnership with Vancouver Poetry House with funding from Heritage Canada