We Are Hiring a Financial Coordinator
The Financial Coordinator is responsible for working with the Artistic Director and Arts Administrator to fulfil the financial reporting requirements of being a non-profit Society in BC and a registered charity in Canada. The financial coordinator makes sure that the society’s records meet ASNFPO standards, while also providing regular readable, understandable financial reports to the board and to the Arts Administrator and Artistic Director who are responsible for grant writing and program budgets. This position reports to the Artistic Director and the Arts Administrator. It is a job that requires significant collaboration with the management team of Vancouver Poetry House. This is a part-time, contract position paying $800 a month. This is a one-year contract with the possibility of extension.
● Keeps in-house books
● Keeps and updates the chart of accounts as necessary
● Maintains the staff-used and community accessible income and expense registers
● Is responsible for accounts payable and receivable for organization and programs
● Keeps paper records, including bank statements, for ease of financial tracking
● Codes and submits bank statements monthly to an external bookkeeper
● Is the in-house point of contact for the yearly external Review Engagement
● Reports to the Artistic Director and Arts Administrator about any financial policy changes that may be warranted
● Updates financial information yearly to CADAC
● Works with the Artistic Director and Arts Administrator to develop organizational and program budgets
● Works with the Artistic Director and Arts Administrator to prepare realistic financial projections for grant writing and other fundraising purposes
- Maintains and updates as necessary banking information
Competencies & Requirements:
● QuickBook competency is desired
● Competency with Google sheets including the use of formulas is essential
● A clean criminal check is mandatory
- Orderly digital and paper record-keeping
● Willing to experiment with ways to help community members understand the financial status, plans and safeguards of the society
Vancouver Poetry House Values
Participatory and Cooperative
Vancouver Poetry House is a member-driven Society. We work to reduce barriers to literary art so that we can ensure accessibility and full participation for the communities we serve. We value diversity and the array of knowledge that different life experiences bring. We actively support skill and artistic capacity development for our membership and sharing with the wider community.
Social Justice and Community
We value respectful dialogue, attempt to resolve conflict and misunderstandings in ways that respect each individual’s lived experience and act to build bridges of communication across misunderstandings. We nurture healthy, sustainable environments for the arts to thrive. We challenge systems of oppression through sharing the health-bringing arts to the wider community and by offering a place of solace and sharing to anyone who attends or takes part in our programs.
Professionalism in the Arts
We seek to develop and share the myriad skills essential to living a sustainable life as an artist. In a diverse community, there are many skills. Vancouver Poetry House nurtures moments and methods for the equitable sharing of those skills for the benefit of both individuals and community.
VPH seeks to provide opportunities to build skills that help members fulfil their capacity for artistic development and career goals.
Vancouver Poetry House is committed to equity as an employer and being proactive in our hiring practices to increase the representation of BIPOC, women, Two-Spirit, gender diverse individuals, and people with disabilities.
How to Apply
While we thank all applicants for their interest, we apologize that we are unable to respond to all inquiries and will only be able to respond to applicants who are selected for an interview.
Please apply by sending your resume to hiringATvancouverpoetryhouse.com
Deadline for Application: July 12, 2020
Interviews will be conducted using Zoom.