2020

Topics

  • Opening Meeting
    • Action Items Updated
  • New Members read in
  • Letter for Staff Discussed
  • Discussion of models with agreement to iron out main type
  • Verses Update(s)
  • Financial Report

Topics

  • Opening Meeting
  • Basecamp Motions Read
  • New Members Read In
  • Zach Award: the file on the drive is empty, there is discussion on the need to create criteria and add to file
    • reach out to past recipients
  • Board Model on Basecamp
    • Training Discussed
  • Discussion of letter expressing community concern. And reach out for clarification prior to respons
  • Verses Updates
    • chapbook launch

Topics

  • Opening Meeting
  • New Members read in
  • Verses Discussed: The remaining aspects of what needs to be done assuming that festival will still happen
  • Board Model Discussed: Focus on concerns longstanding community members have raised of systemic racism in governance present in the history of the organization, and steps current board needs to take to resolve these issues.
  • Also in relation to expressed concern of current problems in terms of unresolved issues with staff.
  • Cicely Blain Consulting contacted for purposes of Diversity & Inclusion Audit
  • Building Organizational Sector Sustainability programs:  availability of board members discussed
  • Options for Slam team
  • COVID-19
  • Financials
  • BYRC Partnership

Topics

  • Opening Meeting
  • Minutes and Financials
  • Action Items from Previous Meeting Discussed (many moot due to COVID19)
  • Fundraising Discussed

2019

Topics

  • Opening Meeting
  • Debrief of Hiring Process
  • Volunteers
  • VPH Operational & Projected Budget
  • Honorary Board
  • Membership Benefits
  • Other Business

Topics

  • Opening Meeting
  • Website Update
  • By-law Update
  • Discussion: Slammaster Position
  • Discussion: Staff Update
  • Arts Cohort Meeting Update
  • Other Business
    • Staff Reviews
    • Social Media Policy
    • Harm Reduction Policy
    • Creative Coworkers as Space
    • Cheque Signing
    • Next Board Meeting
    • Bank Forms

 

Topics

  • Opening Meeting
  • Verses Updates: Training, Hiring, and Volunteers
  • Website Updates
  • YouTube backlog
  • Constitution and Mission Changes: EGM goals
  • Year End Financials
  • Arts Cohort Update

Meeting Minutes provided as Word and pdf for Improved Access

Agenda Topics

  • Opening
  • Voices of Today
  • EGM
  • Update on PayPal & Finances
  • Verses Update
  • HR and Evaluations
  • Planning
  • Arts Cohort Update
  • Human Rights Impact Statement
  • Need for Resources
  • AGM
    • site and date
  • Lowering of Grant Funds and Increased Expenses

 

Meeting Minutes provided as Word and pdf for Improved Access

Agenda /Topics

  • Opening
  • New and Renewing Members
  • AGM Preparation
  • Policy Manual
  • Financial Tasks
  • Accountant/Audit Update
  • Planning: SWOT
    • Strengths
    • Weaknesses
    • Opportunities
    • Threats

Meeting Minutes provided as Word and pdf. Note that there was no June Meeting.

Agenda/ Topics:

  • Opening
  • July 2nd updated membership
  • Community Outreach / Clarification
  • Door Policy
  • AGM recap
  • Interim Financial Coordinator Position
  • Extension of AD application Deadline

 

Meeting Minutes provided as Word and pdf. Note that there was no August Meeting.

Agenda /Topics:

  • Opening
  • Discussion centered on issues arising during hiring process
  • Strategic Plan Discussion
  • Grant Visioning Option Discussed in light of resulting Delay in Hiring AD

Meeting Minutes provided as Word and pdf.

Agenda/ Topics:

  • Opening
  • Staff Reports
    • Wordplay (Tessa)
    • Admin (Colleen)
    • VanSlam (Sam)
  • Financials
    • Youth Fundraising
  • Expiration of Admin contract discussed

Meeting Minutes provided as Word and pdf.

Agenda /Topics:

  • Opening
  • VanSlam Report
  • Introduction of Joseph
  • Status of Spoken Word Canada / Speak North
  • Status of Consultant for Policy Review
  • Letter Regarding Community Members Experiences of Systemic Racism In Governance and Policy
  • Need for an anti-oppression audit discussed
    • Need for better overall communication and board training

 

Meeting Minutes provided as Word and pdf.

Agenda /Topics:

  • Opening
  • Previous Backlogged Minutes From Sep-Nov
  • All Action Items (compiled from Unapproved Minutes) Reviewed
  • Financial Report
    • SlamMaster Position Pay Review
  • Hiring Policy Survey Takeaways
  • Board Models Discussed
  • Tech Improvements
  • Basecamp Motions to be read into regular meeting minutes
  • Code of Conduct Review
    • Board Conflict Management